11 QUICK FIXES FOR THAT GAL ON THE GO!
We are all busy gals! Running from classes, to work, between three internships and still maintaing a social life can cause stress on any fashionable look. Through the hustle and bustle of our every day life, our beloved pieces can get snagged, stained or scuffed. Here is a list of 11 must have items that you will want to have on hand…
1. Skid Out Eraser. You know what’s worse than those pesky deodorant marks. Noticing those deodorant marks once you’ve arrived to class. Skid out eraser removes them, and rumor has it the black sponge on dry cleaner hangers is the same thing and will also solve the problem.
2. Binder Clips. Call me crazy, but I have used binder clips in a pinch to make something smaller and they’ve been a life saver…and the fact that you can find them at work without buying your own is, of course, amazing. If you arrive and realize those pants or too big or worse, you lost a button, clip them to the right size with one binder clip, and then clip the fabric that is sticking out to your pants with the second one. All you need to do in make sure your shirt can cover the clips and you’re golden.
3. Shout wipes and club soda. Club soda can help remove stains and grease – just pour and rub gently. Since you can’t put a bottle of club soda in your purse, shout wipes can also be a quick garment saver.
4. Dr. Scholl’s For Her Relief Strips. A simple tape of soft padding, I love how versatile Dr. Scholl’s For Her Relief Strips are – you can put them anywhere in your shoe that hurts, and there’s more where that came from! At about $13 it’s also a deal in relation to the $7 heel strips.
5. Flats. So when that Dr. Scholl’s doesn’t do the trick, then what? We’ve all faced a snapped strap or uncomfortable shoe before. Keep a pair of shoes in your car or at work for safe keeping, ideally flats for more function. A pair of thin, foldable flats are great to keep in your purse as well.
6. Dry Shampoo. Alright, I know I’m cheating by mentioning dry shampoo on a list of wardrobe savers, but every girl needs one! Save face – and your hair – by keeping a little bit of this at hand. Not to embarrass anyone, but yeah, we all have those days when we dash out the door without a chance to wash our hair, and sometimes it shows. While a poorly manufactured dry shampoo will flake, a good one is easy to use and won’t. Personally, I prefer got2b’s version.
7. Lint Roller. I love my puppy. So much so that I can’t stop her when she excitedly jumps on me, and I can’t help but give her one final pet before leaving the house. I’m sure everyone who owns an animal feels the same…and we probably all share the same sentiment when it comes to pet hair – Ugh. Small as they are, pet hair can cause much embarrassment. Keep a lint roller in your glove compartment, or a mini one in your purse…or even a mini one in your glove compartment.
8. Double-Sided Garment Tape. The wardrobe malfunction of all wardrobe malfunctions (I’m talking to you, Janet Jackson) wouldn’t have happened with a good bit of double sided garment tape. Meant for fabric, this tape can adhere from fabric to fabric or skin to skin and keeps straps and necklines in place.
9. Razor. Am I the only one that does this? And by this mean get to work only to notice I missed a hair or two on my legs? Even if no one can see it (or can they?!), keeping a razor around will at least help you feel confident as you go through the day.
10. Safety Pins. Popped buttons and rips happen. Safety pins happen to hold things together. Enough said.
11. Tights. Runs happen too! What’s more embarrassing than that? A cheap pair of stockings tucked into your glove compartment or desk will seem silly until that day comes…but it will. They also great to have around should you happen to get to work and realize your skirt may be just a little too short to be entirely work appropriate.
Image via fashion.telegraph.co.uk